Sunday, February 17, 2013

The "Promised Land"

I honestly thought Texas would be The Promised Land.  Guns, Land, Freedom.  Fast speed limits.  Truly, that's all I want for my life.  To be able to have land and shoot people who trespass.  But, instead I am faced with cramped traffic, brown grass, and bad hair days.  Sigh.

It's not so bad here. I have a nice apartment with a sweet roommate who has quickly become a friend. My job is fine. But basically, it's just a countdown to moving in with Stephen...

IN OUR NEW HOUSE!!!!

Unfortunately the cars are not included.

We get to move in at the end of the month (this is in New Mexico, by the way), and we are extremely excited.  I won't be moving in until the summer, which gives Stephen lots of time to do some repairs before I get there. :)  I see lots of HGTV in my future....

Stephen made his first trek to Texas this weekend for some Valentine's Day/6 month anniversary/3 yr dating anniversary... IT WAS AWESOME.  We saw a dumb movie (Identity Thief), cooked lots of amazing food, and just got to enjoy each other's company.  You know, be married.  And it was awesome.

That's all for now.  Maybe next time I blog I'll be in New Mexico!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment