Monday, January 21, 2013

I want to know a song can rise

I'm on the floor of my empty apartment, waiting for the movers to finish packing the truck.  Same floor, different emotions as this post.  The excitement isn't really present today.  If you look even further back in the posts, you'll see one about leaving NC.  While I am nowhere as attached to Vegas, the move is still really hard for me.  Constant tears and doubt that God will take care of me.

But then I remember - I ended up liking Vegas... a lot! I have friends, a  husband, and my own place.... win win win.  I'm just afraid of unknown.  But what is known is that I will be alright.

SO here goes the life update!
Stephen moved to New Mexico 7 days ago.
I am moving to Texas tomorrow.
Beyond that, I am afraid to say plans out loud, because I fear I'll jinx them, but the plan is for me to move to New Mexico (Alamogordo to be exact) after the job assignment.

I won't get into the whole thought process of why we decided to move apart, but I will say it is TEMPORARY and it was also a rushed decision, full of gaps that have only halfway been filled since the decision was made. Did we make the wrong choice?  I think maybe.  Time will tell.  But still my Savior loves me, and I'll be just fine.  I have to say it out loud a lot or I forget sometimes.

*****

Dear Vegas (as opposed to G-Vegas),

You surprised me.  People used to say to me, "I can't imagine living anywhere else!"  Please, I would think to myself.  You obviously haven't lived yet.  The desert is ugly.  The mob founded this city.  People weren't meant to live here.

But actually, I get it now.  You're just so.... convenient.  You're a grid system. You've got 5 Subway restaurants within a 2 mile radius of my apartment.  All grocery stores are 24 hours.  You made living selfishly so incredibly easy. And who doesn't want to live like that?

But Vegas, it is not with a heavy heart that I say farewell.  Perhaps I will come visit sometime.  I really didn't mind the summer heat, and certainly not the absence of mosquitos.  I look forward to seeing you again, but I'm ok taking a break for a while.

Bye, Vegas.

E

No comments:

Post a Comment