Friday, July 15, 2011

The boringest of blogs

MAN did I sleep in today.  I woke up at 7... it's weird because waking up that "late" I feel like I'm wasting the day!

I'm just warning you, this is going to be a boring blog.

I left off at the fourth of July... and let me tell you.  The fireworks in Vegas were off. Da HOOK.  Allison and I went to Henderson, the neighboring town, to watch fireworks, which is slightly higher in elevation than Vegas. Because of that, we could see probably 20 different fireworks shows at the same time!  In Greenville there's what, one sub-par show?  In Raleigh, there might be 2?  In Vegas, it's everywhere.  True to the over-the-top style of Vegas.

My job - When I found out about this opportunity, it sounded like my dream job.  And it's even better than I expected!  I have just been so blessed!  Many of you know I've done 4 internships throughout college - sure, I enjoyed them while I was there, but there was always an end in sight.  I could never do any of those jobs for much longer than the 3 months I was there.  But I've been at this job 6 weeks now, and I feel like a fully integrated employee - no end in sight, and that fact doesn't even scare me.  Everyday I'm learning - even if it's just learning how much I have yet to learn.  And the project I'm on is really going to make history.  And I get to have my name on it!  I'm seriously afraid that I'll never enjoy a project/job as much as I do right now, so I'm trying to make the most of it and soak it all in.

My cousin Ali is in Vegas this month, and despite not seeing her in years, we click so well and I'm so glad she's here!  I've also been very fortunate to find a church to which I plan on regularly attending - and have met some great people through that.

I'm actually headed back to NC in 2 weeks to see my sweet friend Lauren get married to my friend Ben!  I can't wait - it's been so cool being able to witness their relationship from the beginning. :)  Can't wait to spend the weekend with them! Not to mention all the other great people there to celebrate with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment