Thursday, May 26, 2011

12 hours and counting

AAAAaaaahhhh... North Carolina! Remember how we hated each other at first?  You completely ruined my 11th birthday with one of your many hurricanes. Your summers were too hot, and you never got any snow! Your barbeque was gross and Bojangle's just wasn't my thing. But oh NC, we can laugh about that now. Your sweet tea, southern hospitality, and cute little accent won me over in no time.  I just love that you have the mountains and the beach!  I adore you... and the the great people (plural) and university (singular) you are home to!  I'LL MISS YOU!

****************

Anyway! The theme of the week is: CHAOTIC.  My car was picked up yesterday, I ran to Raleigh for Lauren's shower and to say a few more goodbyes, and today the movers came and took the last of everything I had crammed in corners, stuffed in the family room, or packed in the garage (my family has their house back!).  I'll post pictures later of the sheer chaos that was this house.

And just in case you care how I'm doing emotionally... well let's just say I'm heartbroken.  I've cried more this past week than in the past 2 years, through all the goodbyes and general stresses... and nostalgia for being a kid.  By far, the most difficult thing has been trusting the plans my Savior has, and rejoicing in my heart. So here's how I'm feeling.
Excited? YES!!!
Terrified?  DEFINITELY!!!
Sad? oooo yeah.

Thanks for your prayers, and thanks for reading!  I'm heading out in the morning.  Ah!


**...missing some background info on this post? Go to the "about me" tab!**

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the laugh...and then the cry. Sigh. We're gonna miss you more than you will know!!!!

    Love, Mom...and Dad...and Joe (and probably Elena, too, but I guess that depends on the day. ;-) )

    ReplyDelete